Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Some Unrelated Incidents

Collected from the last few days...

At a friend's house, Lewis, having discovered their bathroom scale, remarks: "Oh look, Mom. Here's where we measure our feet."
~
A few minutes ago Inge asked me why I kill injured bugs. I vaguely explained that they don't usually regrow their legs, and Inge, with an air of satisfaction and approval, added this: "Yes, and it's nice for them to be with God."
~
And Nelly at prayers last night, in response to Peter's prompting said: "I tan noo it myself." And she did.
~
Episode forty-two or so today:

Lewis, sobbing: Nelly punched me in the eeeeyyyeeee!
Nelly, nevertheless quite perky, does not trouble to refute.
Me: Nelly, why did you punch Lewis in the eye?
Nelly: Bee-taws.
Me, just in case: Lewis, why did Nelly punch you in the eye?
Lewis: Oh, because I punched her in the stomach.
Me: Why did you punch her in the stomach?
Lewis: Well, we were playing a game...

No comments: