Saturday, June 30, 2007

Mommy's Laws

These will be in print someday, rely on it.

Mommy's Law Number 1: When Mommy visits the restroom, there will be a knock at the door--usually the children, and usually with a good excuse, but failing that, they'll concoct something. As in this morning's incident, when Lewis at the door couldn't come up with anything better than this, which I already knew: "Uuuuuuuum....We're almost done cleaning?"

Does my absence make them feel insecure? And a better question yet, at what age will this phenomenon stop?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy each peculiar phenomenon...they will be gone before you know it...and the more you savor them now the more you are inclined to remember them when they are gone! I love watching your family grow...even if it is in cyberspace :) Mrs. Morris

Anonymous said...

I experience this question frequently: "Mommy what are you doing in there?"

And better yet: "Can you make me some chocolate milk?"

Why do they call it a "rest" room anyway?

Kelly said...

LOL!

I finally made a rule: Do not talk to me when I'm in the bathroom unless the house is on fire or someone is bleeding to death.

This, of course, doesn't stop them knocking and asking very very simple yes or no questions, to which I always reply, "You can ask me when I come out of the bathroom."

:-D