And despite my dad's blog and numerous references I've seen all over to "Ron Paul" I didn't bother (I sort of suspected he'd be a "Taxpayer Party" candidate or something like that). I had a spare minute after one of my classes this week and a student asked me to look up a Ron Paul video--so I did. It was fatal--I might end up voting principles with hope this cycle, and I have to admit it's been a while. Is Ron Paul a perfect candidate? No, I'm not super comfy with all his libertarian views, but there are three things that stand out to me:
1. He's Pro-Life
2. He's honest (How can you tell? Because he sure isn't saying things that are calculated to gain a politician respect and popularity, and because his public life is consistent with his positions.)
3. His solutions are simple, principled, and crazy!
GO, RON PAUL!
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It was "fatal." On the contrary, it seems to have revitalized and brought hope. Who would be the perfect candidate? What video did you watch?
Thanks Peter.
Love,
Dad
a P.S. prayer: Lord, thank you for Ron Paul. Bless and protect him.
Actually, I've watched almost all of them... which is why it was fatal. ;0)
Oh, and perfect candidate--I don't think anyone exists. I'm just not sure I'm fired up about totally de-regulating drugs and prostitution. I understand the libertarian arguments, and I do not think that laws are in any way the ultimate solution, I just think that a God-honoring society might want to make laws restricting some things libertarians say "don't hurt anyone."
See what I mean?
Post a Comment