Ingrid: Lewis is cute and funny.
Lewis: No, I'm not.
Ingrid: Yes, you're cute.
Lewis: NO.
Nelly: And funny, too.
Lewis, now seriously annoyed: NO I AM NOT CUTE AND FUNNY!
Ingrid: Yes, you are.
Lewis: That's harassing me, Ingrid. Mom said not to harass me.
Nelly: Are you a man or a mouse, Lewis?
Lewis: That's harassing, too, Nelly.
Lewis, suddenly getting his feet under him: Well, I think you're cute and funny.
Ingrid: No, you're cute and funny.
Lewis: YOU are.
Ingrid: Cute and funny, cute and funny!
***
The reason this goes on for so long without interruption is because the parents, who might otherwise intervene, are actually in stitches on the floor.
4 comments:
I can't blame you parents. I'm in stitches over here! Personally, I think they are *all* cute and funny. Hopefully that will be better received, coming from a Namma. Nelly's "man or mouse" comment is hilarious!
Aaaand now so is Aunt Rose.
Well, to be perfectly honest, this is a condensation of something that went on for more like ten or fifteen minutes. And it was thanks to a sort of intervention from Daddy that Lewis finally figured out how to handle it.
The condensed version was hysterical...love the 'man or mouse' tooo funny!
Post a Comment