Yes, I know, I've been blogging like a maniac today. Just one more, folks. One more to round things out, especially after all my cynical comments about germs and cat patookey:
Yesterday a friend called out of the blue and announced she had made us some dinner--sort of an overdue welcome to Mona, I gather. This, though lovely, happened to come on a week when I had my meals fairly well planned and we were already invited out to dinner on the night in question. Still, one can always use extra meals and be glad of them. Naturally I accepted with thanks. Today, Nelly woke up from her nap with a headache and fever, about two hours before we were supposed to leave for dinner with friends. Dinner with friends got cancelled, of course; but one half hour later, the dinner from friends arrived, right on schedule. The husband dropped it off, and he had been commissioned to pass along his wife's apologies that she hadn't been able to make us a salad.
But that was okay, because guess what I was supposed to contribute to the originally planned meal. Yep.
Anyway, Nelly's headache and fever subsequently evaporated, and she spent a happy evening playing; and all I can figure out is that God just wanted to plan our dinner for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment