Tuesday, July 17, 2007

As the Story Develops

A conversation from this morning~

Investigating a scream of dismay, I find Nelly trying to get on the toilet and Lewis standing nearby looking concerned.

Me: What's the matter?
Lewis: Nelly has bubblegum!
Nelly: [unintelligible noises of frustration]
Me: Where did she get the bubblegum?
Lewis: Off the floor.
Me: But, but where did she get it?
Lewis: It was mine from last night when we were reading Robinson Crusoe.
Me: You mean this bubblegum has already been chewed?
Lewis: Yes. Can I have some chocolate chips for helping Nelly get on the toilet? She punched me!
Me: Wait a second. You mean you took gum out of your mouth and put it on the floor?
Lewis: No, I took it out of my hair. It was stuck.
Me: You took it out of your hair and put it on the floor? Where was it?
Lewis: Oh, under the table where we eat.

No comments: