Those who have been with us a while may remember Inge's early explanation of the process of courtship. This morning she outlined the concept to Lewis thusly: Someday when a bunch of husbands come to our house, Daddy will let one of them inside, but the rest he will take out into the yard and kill with sticks. Sharp sticks.
Future suitors, beware.
Monday, August 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL. Well, as beautiful as your daughters are...I suppose you ought be thinking about how you'll handle all the suitors that'll come your way! LOL
Just so no one is under misaprehension, please remember that the original comment I made was that I was pretty sure that Inge would be plagued by suitors to the degree that I'd have to beat them off with sticks... that was the original comment. Killing and sharp sticks never entered the picture. Somehow at three she has a homeric imagination-- perhaps its bible stories like David and Goliath and Stephen (I had to explain what stoning was the last two days in our readings in Acts).
Post a Comment